- On Big Island
Looking for a way to get more involved in your community? Volunteering can be fun and very rewarding!
Maybe you will find something on this list of the many volunteer opportunities on Hawai'i Island.
Check back often since we will be adding more!
Across the island, BIISC organizes regular volunteer workdays and community training. Join us to get outdoors, give back to the land, and take a stand against the spread of invasive species in your community.
Visit http://www.biisc.org/volunteer/ or call Office: (808) 933-3340
- Food Pantry: Stock shelves, bag rice, organize pantry.
- Community Events: NPP participates with many community events throughout the year. Please note most events are on weekends.
- Pre Event Prep: Tasks include preparing (copying, sorting) information, preparing (cutting, copying, sorting, organizing) crafts.
- Sports Rescue Program: Assist with collecting new or gently used sports equipment. Assist with sorting and cleaning sports equipment.
- Other: Includes clerical and light phone.
VISIT https://neighborhoodplaceofpuna.org/how-you-can-help/volunteer for more info
Throughout each season it is important to care for our resources, so they remain intact and available for future generations. Mālama kīpuka ʻōweʻōwe enclosure, by hand-weeding and clearing space for native out-plantings.
Hawai‘i Island Humane Society (Kona and Kea'au)
There are many areas where volunteers can work at HIHS, along with the training and time commitments.
- Cat Socialization: Playing, brushing, giving treats
- Dog Socialization: Taking a dog in the park, bathing, basic obedience training
- General Help: Re-fill water bowls, laundry, help front desk staff
- Special Event Support: Help at one of our fundraising or mobile adoption events. Assist in marketing the event, support staff at the event or sit with adoptable animals.
- Photography: We use photos to promote adoptions on social media, our website and printed material. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to help.
- Have a special skill or talent? Let us know and we can customize a project for you or let you know when you need your help
VISIT http://www.hihs.org/volunteer for more info
Department of Land and Natural Resources
19 East Kawili St
Hilo HI, 96720
Join the Mauna Kea Forest Restoration Project (MKFRP) for a day or week of planting native trees such as māmane, koa, ʻiliahi and ʻaʻaliʻi to re-establish Mauna Keaʻs native forest. Bring your family and friends to mālama our dry-forest ecosystem.
VOLUNTEER INFO HERE
2020 Mauna Kea Forest Restoration Volunteers!!!Aloha Friends of Mauna Kea, we are excited to share with you our 2020 volunteer opportunities for the spring out planting season.
This year we have a total 25,000 native seedlings that need your kōkua.
- 10,000 Māmane
- 10,000 Koa
- 3,000 `Ili`ahi
- 2,000 `A`ali`i
- Volunteer Dates:
- Our 2020 spring out planting season starts on the first week of March and ends on the last week of May. Choose a date(s) that work best for you, your ohana, friends, school, club and community.
- Volunteer Sign Up
We need a few more great volunteers! Volunteers may greet FON’s visitors, give presentations, answer questions, direct traffic at special events, work with audio/visual equipment, monitor social media, help with other modern media outreach, coordinate volunteer work, and assist otherwise as needed. Please contact FON if you are interested in becoming a volunteer.
73-4460 Queen Kaahumanu Hwy. #125 (mailing address)
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Office Telephone: 808.329.8073
Office Hours: 9 am – 1 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding most holidays)
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer's disease?
Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer's Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer's?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
The East Hawaii Cultural Center cannot fully serve the public without the strong support of our volunteers.
Hawaii Literacy's five programs focus on those with the lowest literacy skills and help disadvantaged children prepare for and succeed in school, give adults a second chance to learn to read and write, and train hundreds of literacy volunteers to teach in our communities.
We provide books, mentors, literacy promotion, and the skills needed to break cycles of poverty and under-education.
VOLUNTEER OR INTERN WITH HWF
AdvoCats always need food for colonies, litter, towels, volunteers to help during clinics and foster "parents".
Volunteers needed for pond cleanup, gardening and planting.
Gain experience in the healthcare and/or education field. Meet new people and make new friends.Establish a track record to get a new job. Fulfill a community service requirement. Fulfill an academic requirement. Share your passion. Challenge yourself and learn something new.
Give back to your community. Have fun!
What would you like to help do as a volunteer?
Educational workshops, Diabetes education, Diabetes and Cancer support groups, Exercise and Fitness classes including Yoga, Zumba, and Basic Stretch & Strengthening, Traditional Hawaiian health workshops and classes,Art projects, Office tasks & program preparation (folding pamphlets, making children’s coloring books, etc.), Special Events (Ladies’ Night Out, Mālama Nā Keiki Festival, etc.)
See shows and attend events in exchange for ushering and other light duties.
EMAIL OR PHONE 808-934-7010
Volunteers needed to walk dogs, cuddle kittens, clean, build or otherwise maintain and improve the lives of our residents. Please contact us before you arrive so we can decide what you can do to help.
Wanted DPH Volunteers:
To help make sure that we are prepared for 2020, the Membership Committee is recruiting volunteers for several different standing committees. To sign up please complete this on-line form http://eepurl.com/graAOf. The respective co-chair(s) will reach out to you.
The Na Ala Hele Trails and Access Program is looking for volunteers to assist us in our trail use survey project during the months of September and October. We're trying to get a better idea of who and how many folks hike on our trails on Hawai‘i Island.
Times and locations are flexible to fit your schedule!